TERMS AND CONDITIONS: WIN A FREEZER PROMOTION 2020
Please read these terms and conditions carefully. Participation in this Promotion will constitute
your agreement to comply with these Terms and Conditions. If you do not agree with these
Terms and Conditions, please do not participate. The Terms and Conditions set out below apply
to all participants submitting entries for the Win a Freezer Promotion. The campaign has been
approved by the Lotteries Board of Zambia.
● This Promotional Competition (“Competition”) is organized and run by Cobra, Jik, Mr Min,
Dettol and Harpic Reckitt Benckiser South Africa (Proprietary) Limited and its chosen
promotional agency, including its affiliates, partners, associations and agents
● The Competition is open for entry by permanent residents and citizens of Zambia over the
age of 18 years and older with a valid Zambia identity document, and valid passport except
employees of the Organisers and its advertising and/or promotion agencies, outlet owners,
retailers and wholesalers that form part of the Competition, their immediate families or
anyone who within a period of 183 days preceding this Competition has won any
Competition organised, promoted, or conducted by the Organisers or who resides at the
same address as such a Winner, or uses the same telephone number to enter this
Competition. The Competition is not open for entry by or on behalf of a legal entity and
participants cannot use the account of a legal entity to enter the Competition.
● The Competition is only valid within Zambia. Participants must be within Zambia at the
time of entering the Competition, for the verification process and at the time of the prizes
being awarded should they be declared a finalist, failing which such person will be
disqualified and the draw of a replacement entry shall take place under the same terms
and conditions as the first draw.
● By entering this Competition, all participants agree to be bound by these terms and
conditions, which will be interpreted by the Organizers and the Organizers’ decision
regarding any issue with the Competition will be final and binding and no correspondence
will be entered into.
●The Competition commences on 17th August and ends on 30 November 2020 both days
inclusive. No entries received after midnight on the 30 November 2020 will be accepted.
● The Organisers reserve the right to extend, shorten or suspend the time period of the
Competition whenever it should so choose for technical, commercial, or operational
reasons, or for the greater public good, or due to a “force majeure” or generally for any
reason whatsoever within its sole discretion, on condition that it notifies the participants in
a manner that is expedient according to its best ability.
● Promotion is valid while stocks last. The qualifying products are subject to stock
availability at the time of purchase and vary by store.
● By entering this Competition, Participants stand a chance to win a 1 (one) of 10 (ten)
386L Chest Freezer
● Prizes are not transferable or exchangeable and may be forfeited or be the subject of a
separate draw or be allocated at the organizer’s discretion to another winner.
● All prize finalists will be subject to a verification process. Winners will be confirmed only
once the verification process has been completed.
HOW DO I ENTER?
● To enter this Competition, all Participants are required to purchase any Cobra, JIK, Mr Min,
Dettol and Harpic products, from any of the participating stores.
● Fill in a coupon at the promoter’s store then place it in the competition entry box. The
coupon should have an NRC number, Phone number, quantity
● Participants may enter the promotional competition multiple times over the promotional
period, if participants purchase the Participating Products each time and complete the
steps outlined in “How do I enter”.
● Entries which are unclear, illegible or contain errors or from Disqualified Persons will be
● The Prizes are neither transferable nor redeemable for cash and the Promoters are not
liable for any defect in the Prizes. The Promoters reserve the right to substitute Prizes
with any other prize of comparable commercial value.
● To the extent permitted by the Consumer Protection Act and any other applicable law:
➢ The participant and/or winner(s) hereby indemnifies the Promoter, its associated
companies (directors, officers and employees) and agents against any direct,
indirect, special, incidental, consequential or punitive damages or loss of any kind
regardless of how this was caused, and whether it arose under the law of
contract or delict or
otherwise, because of the participants entrance to the Promotion.
➢ The Promoter excludes all warranties (express or implied),
representations and liabilities regarding this Promotion (other than for
death or personal injury caused by its negligence and/or fraud).
➢ The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of
participants (including but not limited to a participant’s identity, age, place
of residence) and to reject any participant who has not complied with
these Terms and Conditions. Errors and omission may be accepted at the
Promoter’s discretion. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights
at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
➢ Neither the Promoter nor its agents or distributors will have any liability
concerning this Promotion.
➢ The Promoter reserves the right to carry out reasonable due diligence to
confirm eligibility and help ensure that the use of any such person in
advertising or publicity for the Promotion will not bring the Promoter or any
of the Promoter’s brands into public disrepute, contempt, scandal or
ridicule or reflect unfavorably on the Promotion as determined by Promoter
in its sole discretion.
● Participants of this promotion are voluntarily providing their personal information to the
Promoter, its associated agencies and the third-party service providers running the
promotion in conjunction with the Promoter.
● By entering this Promotion, participants authorize the Promoter to collect, store and use
(not share) personal information of participants for communication or statistical purposes.
Participants are entitled to decline any marketing communication and inform the
Promoter in writing should the participant wish to be removed from all communication.
● By entering this Promotion, the participant consents that the Promoter may use names
and images taken of the winners/participants for publicity purposes, without any further
remuneration being payable to the winner. All promotional material will become the sole
property of the Promoter. However, the participant/winner has the right to decline to
participate in any promotional activity or to object to these images being used by written
notification to the Promoter at Gatbro International Limited Limited, Plot number 35285-
7, Chinika Industrial, Off Mwembeshi Road, Lusaka, Zambia. Phone number (+260) 972
774 450, email firstname.lastname@example.org. The written notification is to reach the
Promoter by no later than the last stipulated draw date.
● The Promoter reserves the right to amend, modify, change, postpone, suspend or cancel
this Promotion and any prizes, or any aspect thereof, without notice at any time, for any
reason that the Promoter reasonably deems necessary.
● The onus rests on the participants to check the website for updates to the Terms and
● No liability shall lie on the Promoter in favour of any participant, winner(s) and/or a third
party arising from such cancellation, suspension or termination. Therefore, the participant
waives his/her right which they may have against the Promoter and hereby acknowledges
that they will have no right of recourse or claim of any nature whatsoever against the
● The Promoters decision is final, and no correspondence will be entered. This Promotion is
in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by or associated with Facebook.
• In part or all any clause of these Terms and Conditions is illegal, invalid or
➢ It will be read down to the extent necessary to ensure that it is not
illegal, invalid or unenforceable, but if that is not possible;
➢ It will be severed from these Terms and Conditions and the remaining
provisions of these Terms and Conditions will continue to have full
force and effect.
● This Promotion is not applicable in conjunction with any other offers/ promotions offered
by the Promoter.
● In addition to any other the verification requirements set out in these Rules, the Promoter
may require the Prize winners to complete and submit an information disclosure
agreement and indemnification, as well as supply a copy of their valid ID within 24 hours
of being confirmed a winner, to enable the Promoter to ensure compliance with these
rules and The Competition and Consumer Protection Act number 24 of 2010. Should any
winner refuse or be unable to comply with this rule for any reason, such winner will be
deemed to have rejected the Prizes and it shall revert to the Promoter.
● Entries that are unclear, illegible, are submitted via an incorrect entry mechanism or
contain errors or from Disqualified Persons will be declared invalid.
● Each Participant acknowledges and accepts that its personal information and details shall
be shared with Reckitt Benckiser South Africa (PTY) Limited and/or its agents and/or its
contractors to the extent necessary and for purposes of this Competition.
● Prize images on the Point of Sale promotional material are used to represent the prizes
for illustration purposes only and might differ from the actual prizes awarded.
• All Personal Information of Participants shall be handled following all the relevant
consumer protection laws and legislation and data protection laws and legislation of
● By entering the Competition, the Participants agree that Reckitt Benckiser and its affiliates
(including the Promoter, agencies, subsidiaries, packaging, distribution and joint ventures)
may contact the Participants via SMS, email and through social media platforms to
deliver marketing communications regarding their products and promotional activities,
provided that the Participants are given the opportunity to opt-out of receiving
marketing communication at any time via the appropriate opt-out mechanisms
provided by the Promoter for such purpose.
● Should any dispute arise concerning the interpretation of these competition rules, the
Promoters’ decision shall be final, and no correspondence shall be entered.